Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Trip to Seattle and Our Addiction To What We Love Most...BYU

Let me tell you what our home will consist of for the next few months... BYU football, school for both Lynlee and Nate, BYU football, STATS class at eight in the morning for Lynlee, BYU football, work for Nate, BYU football, both Nate and Lynlee's birthday, BYU football, pee wee (oops I mean city league) football for Nate, BYU vs UTAH football, oh and did I mention... BYU football?

So for the next few months, we will eat, sleep and drink it. You know you need a reality check when after you're engaged, you learn both of you had this on their list of "must have" qualities for their future spouse... "must be a hard core BYU fan!" You might also need a reality check when today your good friend Emily (fellow BYU fan) tells you, "you might be a little too into it."

When Bronco Mendenhall says to wear blue to the home games, we wear blue! No questions asked! Sometimes I have to remind Nate that he's actually not on the team. Is there some sort of counseling for this type of addiction?????

So to kick off what is predicted to be a good season for the team, we flew to Seattle this past weekend for four days for the BYU vs. UW game. After an extremely close game, and way to much anxiety, I am proud to say we won!



I probably could've tried smiling harder. I think I was just really nervous.


During our trip to Seattle, we also shopped, ate amazing food, and did some site seeing. On Sunday, we all went to Nate's parents house to eat. It was fun for my family to see Nate's house and where he grew up.

Here we are at the fish market in downtown Seattle. It was amazing.





9 comments:

H and E said...

Oh I am so jealous and wish we would have planned better to make it out there to meet up with you guys. And by the way I didn't mean that saying in a rude way, I just know you and your anxiety and want you to make it through the season without heart failure. jk. I love your fanhood and your enthusiasm, I am going to strive to be the cougar fan you are!!

P.S. That fish market looks fun! And per usual you look gorgeous in every picture!

Unknown said...

Aloha... this is your cousin Matt that lives so far away we barely know you guys. So little in fact, that I don't know if I can get away with some good natured teasing. But, as a huge BYU fan myself, I'm going to anyway.

By wearing blue to the game (no questions asked), do you really mean white with a blue logo? Nate's a little closer, but BYU hasn't been that color blue for like a decade :) I guess I'll let it slide since we blocked the PAT, but... ;)

All kidding aside, it is great to see family that are die-hard fans. Go Cougs!!

Travis and Teresa Wilson said...

What the crap you guys have been everywhere the past couple months. I love seattle and what a fun game to go to.

The Littlest Moons said...

Lynlee!! Jude and I miss you so much! We have to hang out soon, only whenever you are not too busy with BYU Football. I agree with Emily--looking great in your photos. I can see were you get it, your mom and dad are darling too. Let us know you have a minute we will do something fun. By the way your hair is so stinking long! Its gorgeous.

Hank S Nelson said...

Lyn-Lee, don't fret I am right there with you and Nate with the exception that my fanhood resides in Gainsville Florida... I know Emily has to put up with a lot, and I know deep down inside she can't get enough of it. Don't worry, I will always cheer for the Blue and White, I do have morals and know I will so day answer for my actions.

Chris and Mari Spiker said...

I LOVE Seattle! How fun! & I am cracking up at the constant BYU FOOTBALL! ahha. I had NO idea you were such a fan!!

Anonymous said...

It looks like you guys had fun in Seattle. I think its great that you guys (Nates fam and yours) all hang out together. hope you get feeling better girl!

Laurel said...

Gotta' love BYU! And of course Seattle. You guys have so much fun!

Amanda & Jason said...

I just love seattle!!!