Monday, October 20, 2008

Hunting: a.k.a The Slaughtering of Animals

Every year the boys get really excited for hunting season (which I don't fully understand.) So this past weekend we went to my parents house for a day and then they continued on to our ranch in Colorado for a couple more days to hunt. Kerstin went with them since she's never been and my mom and I stayed home and went to some cute little stores and cooked all weekend.

Here's some pictures of the weekend. I couldn't muster up the courage to post a picture of the dead little deer my younger brother shot. For that reason, I've purposely been avoiding the hunting pictures. I'm sure Nate will encourage me to post them sooner or later so his Dad and brothers can see.

Watching the BYU game. We don't really want to talk about it.

Leaving for their hunting trip:
Don't ask what my mom is doing. Crazy lady!


Cool hat Taylor

My dad had this on his car. I thought it was pretty funny!
She'll probably kill me for posting these pictures but one of my really good friends Amber, who should probably be a chef, came and helped us make salsa, gingerbread cookies, sugar cookies, and orange popcorn balls.





The finishing product. If you can't tell, we took great pride in our work.

7 comments:

Chris and Mari Spiker said...

So yummy!! I want all of those treats! This time of year is really bad for me- i love all the candy & sweets! Cute post! Miss you guys!

H and E said...

Ok I am not going to lie, I am really jealous and wish I could have been there with you guys, that looks so fun to be locked up in a house with girls cooking all day! I am glad you guys had so much fun. I can't wait to see you!

Anonymous said...

Lynlee! I'm going to kick your bum! I looked so ugly that day, we had seriously been cooking for like 5 hours! That was such a fun day though, I enjoyed spending the day with you and your mom! Love you and can't wait until you move here, we will have so much fun!

Chase and Nahomi said...

Hey Lynlee! I found your blog on keisha's site! You are seriously so pretty and I love love your long hair! It looks like your doing really good!

Chase and Nahomi said...

oh and P.S. your parents house looks beautiful too!

Adam & Samantha said...

hey! we have a blog now, come check us out at adamandsamantha.blogspot.com. cute pics by the way!

Anonymous said...

Hey, it is the Radmachers... Nate knows us but we have yet to meet you Lynlee... We were excited to see that you guys have a blog!