Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A Special Day



This past Friday Nate graduated!! He graduated from BYU in Exercise Science, with a minor in Business Management. I am so proud of Nate for his hard work and dedication. He was on the Dean's list two semesters this past year for having a 4.0 GPA. Cami's husband, JR, also graduated on Friday. Nate begins training with his new job on Monday! We are very excited for this opportunity. We will be moving somewhere North in August. Congratulations Nate and JR!

Graduation was two days. The first day was the Universities commencement ceremony. President Uchtdorf was awarded an honorary doctorate and also gave a speech. The second day was the department convocation.


I have recently learned how into baseball cards Nate and his brother Jason were growing up. Their mom has been storing the cards for years, having been told not to throw any away. She packed one full suitcase of baseball cards and brought them with her on the plane. Nate and Jason went through them Friday night looking to see if any are worth anything now. Nate will probably hang on to the one's worth something, I think we should sell them!

La Carreta...best Peruvian joint in town!!
Graduation Day:



We had a big celebration dinner on Sunday. Unfortunately I did not take many pictures. This will have to do.
Last night we antended Cami's graduation. She graduated as a dental hygienist from UCDH. She graduated with a 4.0 GPA and was awarded the Excellence in Professional Care Award. Congratulations Cami!

5 comments:

H and E said...

Yeah Nate is a graduate! I am so so happy for you guys. Wow you have been busy with all the family, but it looks like you are having a blast. I need to be updated so text me and I will call you. I miss you so much. Tell Nate congrats I am so proud of him and excited for him to start his new job and this new chapter in your lives!

Lyndsay said...

Congrats to Nate! I didnt realize (or maybe I had forgotten) that we had both graduated in Exercise Science at BYU! Where is he going to be working at, and more importantly, where will you be moving? Good luck!

Adam & Samantha said...

yay for graduating! congrats nate! is it such a nice feeling to have your husband back not studying for finals? my husband graduated in exercise science too from BYU. What is Nate's new job? I am so glad all is working out for you guys!

Laurel said...

Congrats! And YES - I'm just glad there are others out there who truly appreciate La Carreta!!!!!

Chris and Mari Spiker said...

So many graduations, so many beautiful people that I love!! I am so happy for all of you, what a huge accomplishment! I wish I lived in UT so I could come & be apart of all this & see all the family! Ps. Yours & Cami's hair is so long!! I am so jealous! I am trying to grow mine out & its so frustrating!