Sunday, January 24, 2010

Meet Adley

Adley Shay Price
Born: 01-13-2010 @ 5:39 p.m.
7 lbs 6 oz 20"

Now that Adley is 11 days old, I feel I actually have the time to post about last Wednesday...

Because we were so anxious to meet our baby girl, we only got two hours of sleep the night before. The next morning Nate and I arrived at the hospital at 5:00 a.m. They started me on Pitocin within the hour. I was in labor for 12 hours. By hour 7, the epidural only worked on the left side of my body. I sat at a five for quite a while. Because my doctor is amazing, he had me wait it out a little longer so he wouldn't have to perform a c-section. Within the hour, I was at a nine. I won't go into anymore detail, but for the most part, both labor and delivery went well. They placed Adley on my chest shortly after she was born. She had a lot of fluid in her lungs so they had to take her away three minutes later. I sent Nate to the nursery to be with her, so I laid in my room for an hour alone. It was honestly the longest hour of my life. He did however bring me updates periodically. The pictures tell the rest...

Gotta love the puke bags!


Meet Adley:
This was taken right after they brought her back to me.










I cried as we left the hospital because I was scared to take her out into this wicked world (blame it on the hormones.) We love Adley so much already and want to provide a great life for her. We already feel so blessed to have her in our lives. More pictures to come!

17 comments:

Lynsey said...

Congrats! I am glad everything went well and she is so beautiful!

Dave and Alisha said...

Congratulations! she is cute and you looked great for having a baby an hour ago in your pictures...

Karissa Kay said...

Congratulations!! She is absolutely beautiful, as I knew she would be. I'm glad everything went smoothly. I'm so happy for you!

Brent and Britta said...

I love her name, Adley is so cute! I can only imagine how much fun you are going to have dressing this little girl up! I can't believe it's already been 6 months since I was holding one of those puke bags myself, brace yourself... it goes by FAST!

Brittany said...

THANK YOU for posting these!! I've been dying to see her! She's adorable. I felt the same way leaving the hospital. :) Sounds like everything went well. Keep the pictures coming!

Adam & Samantha said...

I LOVE the name! So cute! And everyone's right, you look fabulous for just having a baby! I'm sure you're loving every minute. Are you getting any sleep? Congrats you guys!

Laura Bain said...

Congratulations! She is so cute!

(I worked with Nate at the Daily Universe)

George and Sabra said...

She is beautiful! Congratulations to you, Nate and the grandparents. We can't wait to see her in person and hold her!

The Millers said...

congratulations! You cant even put it into words what it is like to be a parents huh?! Enjoy!

Kirstie said...

lynlee, she is adorable!! i am so happy you you and nate!

Megan said...

these pictures are so cute and precious. i can feel the love you guys have for your beautiful tiny girl just in the pictures and i love it. and seriously, is there a cuter name in the world? i dont think so! i am so happy for you guys.

good luck with everything a new baby brings to life! things can be busy/overwhelming, but just know we are all waiting to see more pictures : )

H and E said...

I am already in love and can't wait to hold her in my arms and snuggle her. I hate that I have to wait so long. Tha last picture of her melts my heart, she is beautiful!

The Alvords said...

Congratulations Nate and Lynlee! Adly is so beautiful I can hardly stand it. I hope she brings more joy to your hearts than you could have ever imagined.

glen, paige, & baby preston said...

I just love her! She is so dang cute! Can't wait until you move closer to me and we can play all the time! xoxo

r+s+a laney said...

She is precious!

Chris and Mari Spiker said...

Congratulations, I know you two are going to rock at being parents! I also think it's REALLY cute that you cried when you were leaving the hospital.

She is beautiful! I am so excited for more photos!

Sarah F said...

She is already soo cute! And they just get cuter. What an amazing feeling to have a newborn.
You looked great for just having a baby too!