Monday, March 10, 2008

Taco Soup

This soup is for nights when you don't have a lot of time to cook (although it appears to your husbands you've spent hours on it.) It is seriously so easy and so good!! I've made this soup three times in the last two weeks because apparently Nate can't get enough of it. All you have to do is open up can's and pour in!

1 lb. ground Beef
1/4 cup onion (cook in meat)
1 packet ranch seasoning
1 packet taco seasoning
1 can kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
2 cans kernel corn
2 cans petite diced tomatoes
1 can Italian petite diced tomatoes
1 can diced tomatoes with mild chili peppers
1/2 cup sugar (I always put more sugar in because we love the sweet flavor)

Brown ground beef and drain (unless using lean beef.) Add rest of ingredients. Cook on med-low for a few hours unless wanting to eat right away

Serve with chips, sour cream, and shredded cheese

2 comments:

Cody and Britt said...

Hey Lynlee! I'm so glad you found me! Its crazy that we're neighbors and the only time I ever see you is at Nordstrom :) Well thanks for the taco soup recipe...I'll have to try that sometime...it looks yummy!

Laurel said...

I haven't looked on your blog in FOREVER because there used to be nothing here. Now we can keep in touch again! Our blog is "private", so send me your email address to laurel.richardson@yahoo.com and I'll send you the invite.

And I'm VERY excited to try your soup.