Tuesday, April 8, 2008

The day my husband got arrested...



So last week I left Nate and Tyler Howells at home playing the WII while I went to the grocery store. While driving home, I called Nate a couple times to help me bring in the groceries but he did not answer. When I got home, the lights were all turned off and no one was home. For the next couple hours, I called Nate and Tyler trying to figure out where they were. I ended up calling my brother-in-law and all he said was "we are in Heber hanging out, i'll have Nate call you," and then hung up. Thirty minutes later, Nate called me telling me he got arrested. I immediately started laughing because since we've been married, this is about the only thing I can think of that fits in the "irresponsible category." To be honest, it actually makes me feel better about myself.

In 2005, Nate went ice fishing and got a ticket for fishing with two poles but only had a one pole fishing permit. To make a long story short, he forgot to pay the ticket and last week proved they hadn't forgotten about it. Two policemen showed up at our door, put Nate in handcuffs and transported him all the way to the Heber jail. While there, they booked him into jail and took mug shots (all with the handcuffs still on.) My brother-in-law and Tyler had to drive to Heber and bail him out which cost $250. I now know why my bro-in-law was so shady on the phone. Moral of the story... before getting married, do a background check on your future husband, you never know what's in their past! I am now officially married to a convict!

10 comments:

Lyndsay said...

That is such a funny story! Did Nate have a celly? That is SO Prison Break. haha

H and E said...

Oh man I love that story and it makes me laugh, however I do feel bad for Nate because that is not fun! And how about how the cops must be real bored these days to come arrest Nate when there are drug dealers and killers out. Oh the good old justice system!

Travis and Teresa Wilson said...

thanks that is hilarious!!!!!!

Cody and Britt said...

This is too funny!!! My roommate said she saw the cops arresting someone over there a few weeks ago...I'm so glad you told the story :) Glad everything worked out though!! haha

Megan said...

wow. i seriously cant believe that! this is a story for your future kids, and for the grandkids!! i cant believe that nate was actually put in handcuffs, has mug shots, and was put in a cell. i think nate should post the same story from his perspective now! but really, how lame are the utah police with all the real issues and problems going on that they hunt down nate and arrest him over a fishing ticket. lame!! (but still funny : ) )

Laurel said...

That is stinking HILARIOUS!!! I'm pretty sure my husband's only indiscretions would involve a seatbelt and four tires. Who hasn't done that?

Brent and Britta said...

That is awesome! I wish I had mug shots of my man! He's hard-core now!

Brent and Britta said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather & Bryce said...

haha so funny :)
ok so now you'll just have to add us to your blog and we'll add you guys!

Kelly said...

Lynlee! Hey girl! Remember me? You look SOO beautiful in all your pics! Im glad I found your blog. And PS, this is a really funny story!!