Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Happy Birthday Momma Rooks!



Today is my mother's birthday. I can not express how much I love this woman! Besides being an extremely gorgeous mom, she's also an AMAZING lady! If I could describe my mom in one word it would be "classy." I'll never forget what Nate said in his speech at our wedding luncheon. He made a point to thank my mom for being the woman she is and for the principles she has taught her children. He particularly thanked her for the modesty she exudes and for the quiet dignity she exemplifies. I can honestly say that many of the greatest things I have learned thus far, have come from her. I have big shoes to fill and hope that I can follow in her footsteps.


One of the things I love about her is how much she LOVES BYU football. It's funny to watch how into the games she gets!

She is going to physically beat me for posting this picture! This was taken after a football game.

6 comments:

H and E said...

YEAH HAPPY BIRTHDAY EILEEN! I love your mom so much, she has got to be one of the sweetest, most generous people I have ever met! Not to mention she has more style then I do! I loved being able to spend some time with your parents over Christmas...please wish her a Happy Birthday from the Crazy canadians!

The Alvords said...

I'm so glad you tried and liked the salsa! I love finding and sharing new recipes. I have thought about starting a separate blog that is dedicated to all things cooking. I'll definitely let you know if I do. My friends and I will do recipe nights where we each bring a different dish and the recipe, so you can try it and make it at home if you like it. We have themed nights and it is so much fun. Let me know if you want to come to one of them.

Courtney

The Alvords said...

P.S. Your mom is beautiful.

Adam & Samantha said...

your mom is so pretty! its amazing to have a strong woman to look up to, youre a lucky girl!

Chris and Mari Spiker said...

your mom is SO cute!!! I love all the pics! Happy Birthday to her!

Travis and Teresa Wilson said...

Your Mom is beautiful and I agree with everyone else she is such a sweet person. Happy Birthday to your Mom!