Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Need help with the Chub Chub!

Pardon the insensitive title of this post, but I'm a little concerned about some recent changes that have occurred in my wife as of late. By posting, I am hoping to receive some help or advice from other women who have experienced similar phenomena.

For my senior thesis I completed a 48 page case study th
at focused on unexplained weight gain in women who maintain consistent diet and exercise patterns. Lynlee's diet and exercise patterns are the same as they've always been. My concern stems from the fact that Lynlee doesn't match up with any of the common reasons for unexplained weight gain.

She doesn't suffer from lack of sleep, which triggers hormones that affect appetite and satiety. In fact, she's been
sleeping a lot more lately and frequently takes naps throughout the day. Sometimes she's dozed off on the couch right in the middle of our coversation.

She doesn't appear to have an increased level of stress. As we know, stress secretes the hormone cortisol, which increases your appetite. Conversely, sh
e appears less stressed than ever. She constantly has a big smile on her face while looking at her tummy. You'd think most women would be concerned about not being able to button their jeans, but Lynlee appears to welcome the pudge.

I don't assume she's experiencing menopause this early in life. The changes with menopause affect hormones that can alter your appetite. Your metabolism slows down and weight gain around the midsection is very common. But she's too young to be going through menopause right? Although come to think of it, for the last 4 months she hasn't been sending me to the store for any emergency "it's that time of the month" products.

In all sincerity, my wife is as beautiful as ever and now has a little bit "more" to love. Although I'm still confused about some of the recent changes in Lynlee's appearance, something tells me that everything will make sense come...................... January 2010.

26 comments:

jenna said...

FINALLY LYNLEE!!!!! oh i'm so happy!!!!! congrats congrats.

glen, paige, & baby preston said...

Love the post! So cute Nate!

WOOOOO HOOOOOO!!! AHHHHH I seriously cannot wait! I love the little baby bump! You are gorgeous Lyn! I am so happy for the two of you!
xoxo

Kelly said...

hahaha, that was so cute. You are adorable Lynlee. Congrats!

Travis and Teresa Wilson said...

Not going to lie I have been waiting for this post. I am so happy for you guys. This might be the cutest blog prego announcement I hve ever seen. I can't wait you guys will be amazing parents!

Sara said...

Hooray!

Brent and Britta said...

Awww yeah! Congrats! You're going to love it!

H and E said...

Ha ha I love this post, that was so clever! You look so stinkin cute. You are so lucky you actually look pregnant, you have like the perfect prego body ever. I am carrying so low that it just looks like I ate a little too much for dinner not a belly bump! I could go on and on about how happy I am but that would be forever. I can't wait until January, we are going to sleep deprived loving mommies!

Chris and Mari Spiker said...

AHHHHHH YAY! I am sooooooooo excited for you guys!! AHA!!! That is great news! I know how bad you wanted one..and i cannot belive you tried to trick us by implying she is fat--cuz she isn't! LOOK AT THAT BUMP!! I love it. CONGRATS YOU TWO!!

ALL ABOUT US said...

CONGRATS! That is SO exciting!! You are a lot better than I am, I couldn't hold out from telling people I think as soon as I took the test everyone knew! Your going to be a GREAT momma and daddy!

Adam & Samantha said...

that was funny nate, very creative. congrats lynlee! even though you already told me, your baby bump has grown! your child will come out looking like a model i am sure. lets double soon!

Laurel said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! You will be a fantastic mother, and I can't wait to see your (and baby's) progress. ;)

Chase and Nahomi said...

Lynlee! CONGRATS! I'm so excited for you! I love the post, so funny

Dave and Alisha said...

Wow you guys congrats... thats great!! I hope your feeling as well as you look.

Megan said...

OH MY GOSH MY HEART JUST STOPPED FOR A SECOND! ahhh i am so excited for you guys! yay! lynlee - this means you have to be awesome at updating your blog because i selfishly want all the details and updates with your pregnancy! oh my gosh, you guys are going to be amazing parents and im so happy for you guys.

now that my heart has slowed down a little - - lynlee you look amazing. that bump is so cute! nate - - way to be creative with the post. i was reading it intently to see if i could help out with your "problem" in anyway.

congratulations you guys! we love you and are so happy for you!

Deets Family said...

Congrats!! They are so much fun, and you will be such a good little mommy.

Karissa Kay said...

I've been waiting for this, too! Congrats! You look so amazing, Lynlee! I'm so happy and excited for you guys!!!

Kirstie said...

i am so happy for you two!! at first i thought nate deserved a slap in the face until i figured out you were pregnant!! how exciting!!

Brent Skipper said...

Bahahaha!!! LOVE IT. Props to you Nate, brilliant! We couldn't be happier for the two of you. What a cute prego belly!!!

Jen

Brent Skipper said...

p.s. I want that watch!

Lynsey said...

Congrats Lynlee! I am so happy for you guys! You are going to be a great mother!

Ryan and Jamie Sharp said...

YEah!! i am so excited for you guys. We can be Prego blog friends. I cant not wait to see more baby pics. i love it! congrats again!

Billy and Nikki said...

Congrats you guys, how exciting!!! Lynlee you look so cute, I love the bump.

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you guys, and its about time you showed off that cute bump lyn. I can't wait until the baby gets here, I better be invited into the delivery room! ;)

Laura N. said...

congratulations!! we are so excited for you guys. we are going to spoil the little wee so much. seriously, you should see uncle coco....couldn't be happier if it was his own baby. you look adorable lynlee! xoxo

Catrina and Joe said...

Congratulations!! i am so happy for you. your going to love being a mommy, i know i do. Congrats

Lauren and Cal said...

Lynlee!!!!!! Oh my gosh I am SO EXCITED for you!!! You look adorable! Aww I can't wait for more details. Miss you!