Tuesday, August 4, 2009

XX or XY?

We went to the doctor yesterday and found out we are having a baby GIRL!! We both thought it was going to be a boy and were pleasantly surprised when she told us a girl (I annoyingly asked the ultra sound tech two times if she was sure). We left the doctors office so excited. My first ultra sound was at 7 1/2 weeks and she looked like a little peanut. But yesterday it was cute to see her actually in the form of a baby. We were amazed as we sat there and watched her kicking and moving. This past week I've felt her movements for the first time.

I haven't posted anything since Nate made the announcement so I thought I would expound a little more. I am currently almost 4 months along. We found out the night before mothers day when I was 4 1/2 weeks. Even though I was sick the first 14 weeks or so, I have loved this time being pregnant.

Nate is beyond excited knowing he will soon be a dad. He says our little girl is going to have him wrapped around her finger. I had to convince him not to tell everyone until I was about 12 weeks along. For such a smart guy, I was amazed at how many times he claimed the news "accidentally slipped out," or so he says! I've also had to convince him that I'm still perfectly capable of crossing the street by myself. He keeps telling me he can't wait until my stomach "gets huge!" He is literally trying to shove food down me!

We are both enjoying this exciting time as we know we will soon be parents. It's amazing how the protective parent instincts have already kicked in. Feel free to leave any advice or tips, but maybe try and keep the horror stories to a minimum! :)

13 comments:

Karissa Kay said...

Lynlee I am so happy for you guys! You are going to be such a great mommy. And let me tell you, people will tell you horror stories and I don't know why. It is so rude and annoying! That was my biggest complaint during my pregnancy. But don't worry about anything you hear or read. You are going to be great and your little girl is going to be so beautiful! I can't wait to see her!! P.S. I'm going to be in Utah in a month and I think we should meet up at Nord's or something. I'd love to see you!

H and E said...

Yeah, it gets better and better everytime I hear it! I am so happy for you and our little girls are going to best friends for life! You are the cutest pregnant person ever, I am glad we don't live next to each other or I might get depressed! Love you!

Kirstie said...

you guys will have the cutest little girl ever!! how exciting lynlee!!

stacy h. said...

so happy, i can't EVEN tell you. :) lets go shopping when i get back in town.

Adam & Samantha said...

chelsea needs came over and did my hair today and we were talking about what a cute mom you are going to be! and a baby girl? oh my gosh, to even think how well dressed this baby is going to be gets me excited. congrats!

glen, paige, & baby preston said...

Woo Hoo!!! I am still beaming with excitement! I can't wait to go shopping and pick out all the fun things for this baby girl! I'm so excited for you Lyn!

Lynsey said...

Congrats again! Girls are so much fun and so sweet! You will be a great Mom!

Travis and Teresa Wilson said...

Congrats you guys are going to have a beautiful little girl. My advice would be the same as Karissa's. Don't get too cought up into what "they" say. Your the Mom and you will be able to feel what is best for your baby.

Dave and Alisha said...

Oh it sounds like your doing well, thats good. And your enjoying your time good for you guys... have fun with her and againg congrats!

Megan said...

there is so much exciting news coming out of your blog right now! i am so excited you guys are having a girl. she is going to be the cutest little thing ever! keep us posted on your pregnancy and doctor updates!

Chris and Mari Spiker said...

YAY!!! a GIRL!!!!! She is going to be GORGEOUS!! I am so excited! I am sorry to hear you were sick, but I am glad you aren't anymore. Before you know it she will be here! I cannot wait to see your pregnant belly either, I doubt you will get "huge" as Nate thinks..;) But I bet it will just look like a basketball under your shirt! Yahoo for a girl!

Laura N. said...

congratulations!! i love girls! they are the best. and what a sweet, perfect and beautiful little girl she is going to be. we are going to spoil her rotten. keep posting news of how you are doing...xoxo

Chase and Nahomi said...

it's amazing how quickly the worrying, protective parent thing comes isn't it?! your going to be such a good mom, congrats again! we love girls!