Monday, November 24, 2008

The Big Two Three for Lynlee


Yesterday was my beautiful wife Lynlee's 23rd birthday. Since it fell on a Sunday this year we decided to celebrate early and make it a weekend long celebration. The highlight for her (besides being with me at every moment or course) was watching Twilight not 1 but 2 times! I will admit that she's not overly obsessed with Twilight but she did enjoy it enough to watch it a second time. We also visited the Body World exhibit in Salt Lake, ate some sushi, watched the BYU/Utah game (ouch), grabbed a bite to eat at Little America, and spent time with her great family, as well as Cami and JR.


Those of you who know Lynlee will agree that her best quality is her ability to love people. She shows a genuine interest in others and holds no guile in her heart. Lynlee, in a single word, is innocent. She carries a tender heart and has a loveable, child-like nature about her in all that she does. She's a strong example of one who simply refuses to see the flaws in others. I couldn't ask for a better companion and friend. And to show that I'm not just a biased husband I've included a few comments from my sister Jen and my mom.


"Happy Birthday to my amazing sister-in-law Lynlee!
I have been blessed in my life with the most wonderful in-laws on both sides of my family. My sister-in-law, Lynlee, is no exception. From the moment I met her, I recognized something extra special about her. Shortly after she and my brother started dating, I told my brother Nate, not to let this one get away. Not only is she gorgeous on the outside, but there is an equally beautiful spirit on the inside. Lynlee is one of the most down-to-earth people I've ever met. She could be dressed from head to toe in designer duds (because she does have quite the eye for fashion), while carrying a crying niece or nephew in one arm, and throwing a football with the other arm. I love her sense of humor, her positive, out-going personality and her love of the gospel. She LOVES BYU football, which makes her a perfect fit in our Cougar loving family. More importantly, I know she makes my brother completely happy and treats him so well. You are a fantastic aunt and you will be a wonderful mother some day Lynlee. We love you and are so glad you are a part of our crazy crew! We hope your day is extra special. Wish we could be with you to celebrate. Love, Jen Carver"



And my mom wrote this in her birthday card for Lynlee, "As your birthday is approaching, we have paused to reflect on the great blessing you are in our family. We want you to know how much we love you and what a wonderful and thoughtful daughter you are. Nathan has always been a very special son, and we hoped and prayed that he would find someone-- a wonderful young woman who had been preparing herself for him as much as he had been preparing himself for someone just like you. We love you in every way-- especially your soft and gentle approach to life, your innate ability to nuture, and your sensitivity to others. Happy birthday and we love you, Mom and Dad Price "


Lyn and her bread maker. She loves this thing.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY LYNLEE! I LOVE YOU

9 comments:

Chris and Mari Spiker said...

YAY! Happy Birthday! You are one lucky girl to have your husband do a post about you, mine sure didn't! Nate it was so sweet! I love it! I hope you know how much I agree with EVERYTHING that everyone wrote! You are so sweet! I wish I could hang out with you more!

Nate and Lynlee said...

Oh my gosh Nate, thanks for the nice surprise! You are so sweet!

But really Nate? Ugly picture at the end? Was that necessary?? :)

Love you!

Keisha said...

Happy Birthday Lynlee!! I hope you enjoyed your special day. What did you think of Twilight?! I'm not obsessed but I definitely enjoy reading them...

H and E said...

First off I agree with Lynlee, that pic at the end is hideous of me...But second of all I think that post just made me cry. Honestly that is one of the sweetest things I have ever read (Good job Nate)! Third of all I agree with everything written in that post. Lynlee is one of the most amazing girls and I feel so lucky to have her as my best friend. I love you so much and think you are the greatest! I hope you had a great day...can't wait to see you. Hank and I love you and miss you!!!

Jen said...

Yeah Nate! I kept looking at your blog, hoping you were planning on posting a beautiful tribute for your amazing wife on her birthday. I'm glad you didn't disappoint! You are lucky to have such an incredible woman at your side. We love you both.

Megan said...

happy late birthday lynlee! it seems as though you were well taken care of (good job nate). tanner and i always loved spending time with you guys, and i wish we lived in the same place so that we could spend time with you guys again!

Adam & Samantha said...

happy birthday lynlee! that was so nice of nate to post that amazing tribute. and its true, you are such a sweet and fun girl. i hope you had an awesome birthday!

Amanda & Jason said...

Nate you are such a Stud! Jason would never do anything like that. Lynlee is so great for you in every way and we are so lucky to have her in our family! I wish that we lived closer to you guys. maybe someday! Lynlee, we love you and everything that you do for Nate and the joy you bring to the Price name! I'm glad you had a great birthday! We love you!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Lyn. I love you so much girl.